Sunday, 26 May 2013

A celebration of all that is good

The Big Church Day Out 2013

Sunset at The Big Church Day Out as the balloon gives rides

Great to see some familiar faces from St Paul’s at The Big Church Day Out this year, many of them camping in the beautiful grounds of Wiston House in West Sussex. This annual 2 day music festival, now in its fifth year, is starting to grow, but it still hasn’t lost its intimacy. About more than music, with activities for children, beautiful gardens and a food court spectacular, it really is a hidden gem, and I’d rather like it to stay that way. So if you’re reading this, please don’t bother to check it out, as it’s rather good, the parking is easy, and the atmosphere is something special. Yes I know that’s selfish of me, but part of me thinks that if this event grows any further (and it really has the capacity to grow), then it might loose some of that vibe, that really is “a celebration of all that is good”.

Wiston House

By the tea tent at Wiston House

This year the weather was spectacular, a beautiful sunny day on Saturday. As I strolled around the herb garden near the tea tent at the back of the house, I could hear a hazy blend of music from three stages. A great place for some contemplation, away from the crowds.

C360_2013-05-25-18-25-09-209

You can read more about The Big Church Day out on my 2010 blog post here.